All of us at Links Couriers are dedicated in our profession and work hard to make sure your package is delivered on time and in the condition that it was sent out in. However, packkges can go long distances and use various forms of transport to reach their destination. Therefore it is important that even before the package has been handed over for delivery, it is packaged well so that it reaches it`s intended recipient in the best possible condition.
Below are some tips to help you package your parcel in the best possible way:
1. Use the best possible material for packaging especailly if the item is extremely valuable.
2. Good quality materials for filling in the spaces e.g. bubble wrap, polystrene chips.
3. The use of straps to finally secure the box, once all the items are in place.
4. Corrugated boxes is the safest type of box for transport.
5. Jiffy bags are ideal for small item transit.
6. Use dividers between items if you are sending multiple goods.
7. If reusing boxes please remove all previous labels to avoid confusion.
8. Do not just add fragile to the packaging and think that is enough. There is no substitute for great packing.
9. Contents should be snug and secure in the box and no room for movement of the item in the box should be allowed.
10. When deciding what packaging to use, always consider the size of the item or items to be transported and make sure the packing is of the correct size and will not collapse or break open because they are under-filled or over-filled.